As much as I would love to go on and describe all the wonderful things it does in a great detail, I’m pretty sure most of you will get bored. I’m going to write more of an overall review. Here we go.
The model I’ve got is Wacom Bamboo Capture. Here is a link that will take you straight to wacom website where you can see all specifications for this model by yourself if interested.
My absolutely favorite things about it:
- The surface is heavy wear resistant.
- You can use the surface with your fingers as a touch pad on a macbook, super sensitive and multi-functional. You can also turn touch surface off so it will only respond to the pen.
- There are 4 buttons on the tablet and 2 buttons on the pen and you can program their functionality to your preference; meaning- you pick the commands those buttons do.
- The tip of the pen is removable and replaceable. You can order additional pen with a built-in eraser. WOW!!! I know!!!
- That little fabric tab off the tablet that says ‘wacom’ is actually a pen holder. USB cable has plastic protective plugs.
- You can use the tablet as left and right handed person.
- It comes with installation software CD in addition to creative software CD which has Adobe Photoshop Elements and Sketchbook Express. General tablet software already has creative apps installed plus some games.
- Color availability is unlimited (you can use it with any editing software)
I don’t have not favorite things about it, maybe the size, but that comes with the price tag of course.
One thing I will say though, it is not 100% the same as drawing on a paper. By that, I meant that when you are an artist, you have your favorite medium- pencils, oils, watercolor… They all do the same thing but in a bit different way. Graphic tablet works the same way- it takes a little getting used to, it’s super useful for sketching and writing, editing details, but it takes time to figure the right thickness of a brush to use.
I made some sketches with it, just to show you what it does. I’m not a pro at it yet, so don’t expect anything huge.